Connect with us

A Tragic End Today For Rachael Ray


A Tragic End Today For Rachael Ray

The state-of-the-art kitchen inside Rachael Ray’s New York mansion was spared during a raging inferno this week, fire officials confirmed.

On Aug. 9, a blaze broke out at the famous chef’s upstate New York home, causing extensive damage to the second floor and roof. The first floor — where the kitchen is located — mainly suffered water damage but largely stayed clear of the flames.

“The kitchen wasn’t touched at all, so pretty much the whole first floor is in good shape,” Warren County Coordinator Brian LaFlure told WNYT 13.

The home is located in a fairly remote area, so there are no nearby fire hydrants. Firefighters had to use pond water to douse the blaze.

Rachael and her husband, John Cusimano, were unharmed in the fire, having escaped the structure with her mother and their dog.

“We’re all okay,” she said in a statement. “These are the days we all have to be grateful for what we have, not what we’ve lost.”

Rachael had been filming her eponymous talk show and cooking segments at the home amid the coronavirus pandemic.

In April, Rachael gushed about her kitchen, noting that she drew the entire home on a piece of paper.

Continue Reading
You may also like...
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


To Top