A man claiming to be Kim Kardashian’s husband tried to break into the reality star’s California home last week but was stopped by her security guards, a source said Monday.
Kardashian’s personal protection force — which she beefed up after her terrifying 2016 Paris robbery — handed the intruder over to cops, who placed him under a 72-hour psychiatric hold, a source close to Kardashian told Page Six.
The unnamed 24-year-old had just breached the main entrance gate when he was stopped at the Hidden Hills, Calif., home at around 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 24, according to TMZ.
While being questioned by security, he claimed to know Kardashian, 40, and made the claim about being the “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” star’s husband.
The Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department cited the man for trespassing. TMZ reports that he has now been released.
This latest scare comes about four-and-a-half years after Kardashian endured the ordeal of being gagged and tied up at gunpoint by thieves who broke into her Paris hotel room. She later said she was determined to never have that happen again.
“At home I have multiple security people. I need someone on every edge of my property,” she wrote in an essay in 2018. “I live in a gated community, and I have them right at my gate.”
The KKW Beauty CEO added, “Someone came in yesterday, a friend, and was like, ‘Do you always have security standing outside your door? Because you never did before.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah — 24/7.’ It’s just what I have to do to make me feel safe or make me able to sleep at night. And I think that had to happen after what happened in Paris.”
A rep for Kardashian declined to comment.