Curious about the Rebel Wilson weight loss stories in the news? You may remember the wildly popular Rebel Wilson from her hilarious role in the movie Bridesmaids. Rebel quickly gained popularity with her role as the charismatic Brynn starring alongside Kristen Wiig in the hit comedy from 2010.
Going on to star in other films such as Pitch Perfect, Night at the Museum, and How to Be Single, Rebel has fast gained popularity in the United States as well as in her home country of Australia.
Rebel Wilson’s weight loss has surprised every one of her fans. The actress has formerly been well known for her size as well as her personality. She’s previously been quoted saying that her weight is part of what made her successful because it was unique and different.
Recently though, all of that has changed. Rebel has realized that she doesn’t necessarily need her size to make it in the movie industry.
Rebel has recently undergone a dramatic weight loss that has fans questioning if it’s really her. Yes, it’s Rebel and she’s here to show off her weight loss transformation to the world. Here’s how Rebel accomplished such a feat and what her secrets to success are.
From Curve Conscious to Self-Aware
37-year-old Rebel is no stranger to curves. “Being unique and different is a really good thing,” she said when first signing with her agency in 2009.
“I wouldn’t ever want to compete with what I call ‘the glamours’—the really gorgeous people. I’m about the brain, the heart, and what’s on the inside. I feel really lucky to be the body type I am.”
Although Rebel’s is proud of her unique figure in a sea of thin movie stars, she’s also aware of just how much food has impacted her weight, especially through what she calls emotional eating. In her interview with Cosmopolitan in 2015, she notes how food has been both a reward and a comfort.
Rebel admits that while she doesn’t do drugs or drink, eating is her “one vice” that she will never want to completely “give up”.
However, since moving to Los Angeles, California, Rebel has become more conscious of the role that food plays in keeping healthy and fit. Recently, Rebel Wilson has been wowing fans everywhere with her transformation.
Rebel Wilson Weight Loss Health Reveal
Although Rebel has not disclosed a specific number, it is speculated that she lost anywhere from 30-40 pounds in 2016, the year she first began her weight loss journey.
While it may seem like her weight loss was effortless, this is not the case. Rebel revealed to the public in 2016 that she has a hormonal imbalance that makes her more susceptible to weight gain. This has made it even more challenging for Rebel to tackle her weight loss than for a healthy individual.
The actress previously shared how important it is to find a balance between body-confidence and health.
Rebel Wilson’s weight loss has inspired women everywhere to own their curves and their health. Being confident of your body at any size has been an imperative tool for Rebel to be successful in her career. Losing weight has made Rebel Wilson not only a more popular actress but a healthier one able to take on more projects!
So How’d She Do It?
Rebel jump-started her weight-loss journey in the spring of 2016 at The Ranch, an “award winning luxury, fitness and wellness retreat” based in Malibu, California. She lost a total of 8 pounds after four days of hiking, exercising, receiving massages, and eating organic, vegetarian food.
The good news is that you don’t have to be able to afford a luxury get-away or exercise 8 hours a day like Rebel did at The Ranch to shed pounds. Upon returning home, Rebel began making more sustainable lifestyle changes that you can easily adapt too!
Here is a quick summary of the specific healthy practices that have aided in Rebel Wilson’s weight loss success and a brief explanation of why they are effective:
- Consuming a High Fiber Diet. Rebel Wilson strives to consume at least 35 grams of fiber a day. Why is fiber important for weight loss? Simple carbohydrates, including refined (white) grains and foods containing added sugar, cause your blood sugar to “spike” then “crash”. This results in a temporary energy boost, followed by fatigue, hunger, and cravings (often for sugary and high fat fats). In contrast, high fiber foods, also known as complex carbohydrates, are absorbed into the bloodstream at a much slower rate, thus, stabilizing your blood sugar, preventing cravings, and keeping you fuller for longer.
- Emphasizing Healthy Fats. In addition to fiber, Rebel is a huge fan of incorporating healthy fats into her diet, including fatty fish, avocados, nuts, and seeds. Due to its’ complex structure, fat slows down digestion and causes any carbohydrate that is present to be absorbed at a slower rate. This helps prevent extreme rises and falls in your blood sugar and subsequent cravings. Additionally, fat also stimulates the release of cholecystokinin, a hormone that acts as an appetite suppressant, in the small intestine.
- Incorporating Protein Sources. Many of Rebels favorite high fiber foods and healthy fats are also great sources of protein, including fatty fish, nuts, seeds, and eggs. Similar to healthy fats and fiber, protein helps slow digestion and keep blood sugar level to manage hunger. Cholecystokinin production is also triggered by the presence of protein in the small intestine.
- Participating in Regular Exercise. According to Rebel, she tries to incorporate exercise at least 4 times per week. While diet has the greatest influence over long-term weight loss success, supplementing regular exercise may help you reach your goals faster and is absolutely crucial for weight maintenance. As we lose weight, our metabolism slows, meaning we either have to eat fewer calories or burn more calories through physical activity to continue to lose weight. Because drastically reducing our calorie intake is not very sustainable (or enjoyable), adding in exercise is a great alternative.
- Staying Confident. Even before her weight loss, Rebel Wilson was well known for her self-confidence and body positivity. When you recognize that your self-worth is not contingent on your weight, it frees you to focus on what is most important (your physical and mental health) and pick yourself back up after you face inevitable set-backs. We may not be perfect, but with a little hard work, consistency, and patience, we can tackle anything we set our minds to!
The Amazing Results
Implementing the healthy lifestyle changes above has enabled Rebel Wilson to lose an estimated 30-40 pounds. She understands what she needs to do to be healthier and has taken active, specific steps to get to where she wants to be. This has given her some impressive results!
“There are so many glamorous actresses, but you know what? In the real world, nobody looks like that,” Rebel has been quoted as saying.
Rebel has been a voice for women when it comes to body positivity. She knows that she can be curvy and beautiful and healthy at the same time. She recognizes that beauty does not come from external sources, but from within you.
Rebel’s decision to get healthier has been all about her inner glow—and the results have honestly been stunning. You go Rebel! Now, lets discuss how you can utilize some of her strategies to find success in your own health.